A touch of Scotland in the movie Braveheart

A touch of Scotland.

There is something gripping about the people and history of Scotland, and while I can’t vouch for the accuracy of the classic movie, Braveheart, the primal drama captured my heart.  Question … what do you think, did the picture of Wallace (Mel Gibson)  leaning his forehead against his ladylove stir you?  For me, it left an impression of painful but unavoidable destiny. Do you wonder how the custom of kilts came about?  My own non-validated thoughts go back to the Romans.  Great freedom to leap and run, but I don’t think it would be practical on horseback.

For such a wee country, the Highlands are spectacular.  Enjoy your weekend, everyone!

Sep 03, 2011 @ 04:20:42

We spent a summer in Scotland and I’m in love with that country. I drove the length and breadth of it and can’t pick a favorite area. It’s magical and beautiful.
    My mom wanted to see the battlefield where William Wallace fought, but due to time constraints we had to skip it, but she got to see Stirling Castle and the monument for Wallace. That was good enough.

I need to download that soundtrack. The music is haunting.

Sep 05, 2011 @ 12:38:46

Tameri, a grand feat driving on the “wrong side of the road” for such a distance! I am told by someone who left England that the traffic can be daunting. But what an experience! I can dream …

Sep 02, 2011 @ 23:34:32

Love the Scots! My lineage goes way back to the Clan Napier who originate in Scotland!. There is something so moving about the passion of centuries past! Thank you for this post!!!

Sep 02, 2011 @ 16:16:20

That music is wonderful! And I so agree with you on the poignant picture of Wallace and his love. That’s what we try to convey as romance writers, eh? Happy Labor Day weekend!

Sep 05, 2011 @ 12:40:34

Oh, how I do try to show rather than tell! Happy Labor Day weekend to you and all as well!

You can put your feet up now that your family reunion is past, and catch up on everything you had to drop for a few days or more.

Sep 02, 2011 @ 12:04:38

Scotland = Wonderful, beautiful.
    Mel Gibson = not so much!

5. Angela Wallace